We are Life on Time Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12002332 and whose registered office is at Trade Fair House, 2 West Court, Enterprise Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JD England ( for ease we will use “Life on Time”, “we”, “us” and “our” in this document).
We will refer to you as “you” and “the Customer” in this document.
This document or policy sets out our rules for using our website. However, if you have already signed a Service Agreement with us which covers the use of our products, then this document does not apply to you as the signed terms supersede these terms.
If you fail to agree to the terms of this Agreement then please refrain from using our platform or Services.
OTHER TERMS WILL APPLY TO YOU AS WELL
Any use of our platform or services will mean that you accept all of our terms.
KEEP A COPY OF THESE TERMS
We ask that you store or print-off a copy of this policy (including the privacy and cookie policies) for your records. Please note that we may change these policies from time to time so we encourage you to check back to ensure you are aware of any changes.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If we give you a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our sign up process, you must treat this information as confidential and not share it with anyone else. You must also not permit anyone else to use this information.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of our policies.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
WE MAY CHANGE THESE TERMS OR OUR WEBSITE
We amend these terms from time to time to keep them accurate. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 26/4/2022.
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. This includes changing the content we offer.
WE MAY SUSPEND OUR SERVICES
Our website and services are available either as part of a free trial or in exchange for a fee, to be paid to us by the school, education provider or entity. Our services will only be available for the duration of your free trial or as set out in the agreement we have in place with the relevant school, education provider or entity.
We will try to ensure the delivery of our services, but we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may have to suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal but it may not always be possible.
We are also entitled to suspend or terminate our services without having to notify you if:
• Our agreement with the school, education provider or entity allows us;
• We reasonably believe that the school, education provider or entity we have an agreement with has breached their obligations to us;
• We reasonably believe that you are breaching your obligations to us (such as doing something that goes against this policy);
We may update and change our software, website or services at no additional cost to you unless otherwise agreed. Such changes may result in changes to the appearance and or functionality of our services or website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND USING OUR MATERIAL
We own, or are licenced to use, all the all intellectual property on our website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You are allowed non-exclusive use of our website and materials as long as you comply with this document, the other policies referred to within it and the agreement we have in place to provide the services. We may notify you of other reasonable requirements if they become relevant. You are not allowed to transfer your rights to use our website or services to any other person.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, from our site for your personal use. You may only use our materials and website in line with the agreement we have with you or the school, education provider or entity.
You must not change the paper or digital copies you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without our written permission.
You must not attempt to obtain access to the code, server, database, information on the system or platform, or disseminate any information obtained from our services or website to other people.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy set out below. This includes making sure that such material:
• Is not offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene, menacing, fraudulent, or in breach of:
o any obligation of confidentiality;
o any Intellectual Property Right;
o privacy or any applicable data protection legislation; or
o any law or regulation;
• Does not contain any viruses or other computer programs intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any information;
• Does not, in our opinion, cause disruption or damage to us, our third party suppliers, network, computer systems or other users of our services or website.
If you do not make sure any material complies with our standards, you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breaches.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy set out below.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
• We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
• Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
• We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
o use of, or inability to use, our site; or
o use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
• In particular, we will not be liable for:
o loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
o business interruption;
o loss of anticipated savings;
o loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
o any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
• Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
• If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, internet connection, hardware (phone, computer or laptop), computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
NO TEXT OR DATA MINING, OR WEB SCRAPING
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
• Any "robot", "bot", "spider", "scraper" or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
• Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you ( the ‘customer’) and us (‘Life on Time’) under which you may access the youHQ platform (“youHQ”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, youHQ.
We restate our recommendation that you keep a copy of these terms for future reference.
Life on Time (www.youhq.co.uk) is operated by Life on Time Limited (“us” or “we”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12002332 have our registered office at Trade Fair House, 2 West Court, Enterprise Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JD England
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use youHQ only for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below);
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also by using youHQ and any of Life on Time software to agree:
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of Life on Time, www.youhq.co.uk or it’s platforms;
o any equipment or network on which Life on Time platform’s is stored;
o any software used in the provision of Life on Time; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Interactive services (Goals, actions, survey’s and mood indicator)
We may provide interactive services (like goal setting, survey's and mood checker) on youHQ (“interactive services”). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We do not store terrorist content.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to youHQ (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole
• comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
• contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote sexually explicit material;
• promote violence;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• promote any illegal activity;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• be likely to insult, intimidate, humiliate, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; and/or
• advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of youHQ. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use YouHQ;
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to YouHQ;
• issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you; and/or
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by providing at least fourteen (14) days’ notice by email.